Top Sunless Tanning Mistakes
Here are a few things that may cause issues with your spray tan that you should try to avoid to help improve your spray tan!
Avoid doing the following……
- Not exfoliating before your spray tan (exfoliating leads to longer lasting color and an even tan)
- Putting Lotion, Perfume, or Makeup on your skin before your tan. These can prevent the absorption of the DHA….leading to an uneven tan.
- Showering too soon (DHA, the active ingredient in any sunless tanning product, can take 6-12 hours to fully develop. That’s why you are told to keep the product on your skin 12 hours prior to showering and you only wait half that time, you get no color
- Putting tight clothing on right after being sprayed (anything that rubs against your skin could rub off your developing tan) Definitely no spaghetti straps!
- Not moisturizing everyday. If you do not moisturize, your dead skin will come off, which is your tan.
All of these helpful rules will give you the tan you have been waiting for! To keep your tan looking good, you have to make sure you are taking precautions and doing proper maintenance.
Your Tantress Anita