As I reflect on 30- Here are 30 things I’ve learned in 30...
These guidelines help prepare you for your best spray tan! Do Not
Freak Out!! We would rather you be over prepared than under prepared. Right??
This will allow the hair follicles / pores to close back up before getting your tan.
Mani / Pedi
Get your manicure / pedicure before your session. Otherwise the scrubbers that the nail salons use will scrub off some of the tan from the tops and sides of your feet.
Shower / Cosmetics Lotions
Shower and remove any body lotion, moisturizer, perfume, deodorant, makeup and jewelry. These items create a barrier between the solution and your skin. The solution will not absorb properly if not removed from the skin. (day of tan)
Exfoliating with a “Sunless Scrub,” “Pre-Tan Scrub,” “Microdermamitt” or other appropriate product is recommended.
Lady of Sun sells Pre-Tan Exfoliating Organic Sugar & Sea Salt Tanning Scrub: also sold in the “Store”- on the website!
Many of our clients ask us how to exfoliate- and this is what we use!
Removing loose, dead, dry skin cells that prevent even application of sunless solution will improve and extend your tanning results. (day of tan)
*** Be sure you do not use a “moisturizing” exfoliator because these contain paraffin. Paraffin is a synthetic oil that is petroleum derived. It just creates a film and barrier on the skin. Preventing the spray tan from absorbing.
Dove, Bath & Body works, etc are not good to use before or after your tan.
Use something that is specifically for “Sunless Tanning” or”Pre-Tan.” Lady of Sun carries Organic Shower Gel and Organic Lotion Bars that provide hydration to your skin without harmful chemicals or sulfates.
Your skin should feel a little bit dry after you have exfoliated properly. Shower Gel with beads is not a proper form of exfoliation, and the plastic beads are especially bad for the environment.
Brush Your Teeth
Be sure you brush your teeth BEFORE your tanning appointment. You do not want the water to drip down your arm and leave a streak, or leave a white ring around your mouth. (day of tan)
If you have children that need assistance at bath time, be sure to bathe them before your tanning session. You will not be able to touch water for 10-12 hours after your tan. (day of tan)
***DO NOT USE BAR SOAP OF ANY KIND—–unless you use an all-natural or organic bar soap, such as Lady of Sun’s All-Natural & Handcrafted Soap in stores***
Most bar soaps will leave a layer of film on your skin, even Ivory and Dove.
Do not wear body lotion, moisturizer, deodorant, makeup or jewelry. Not having any of this on will ensure the best results.
What to wear DURING your tan
Women can choose to wear a bathing suit, thong, bandeau top, or nothing at all. We just want you to feel comfortable. Minors >18 may not, under any circumstance tan nude. They may tan topless with parental permission. We believe boobs were meant for feeding babies not for magazine covers, so we ONLY want our clients to feel comfortable and accepted.
We are real women who believe and know what other real women look like- not what the media proposes we are supposed to look like.
Whether young, older, bigger, smaller, taller or shorter- it makes no difference to us. You are a beautiful work of art, and a blank canvas for our spray tan artists.
Sorry guys, but men may not under any circumstances, tan nude. Must wear boxers, swim trunks, boxer briefs, or a thong.
What to wear AFTER your tan
- Dark, loose (baggy) clothing -NOTHING THAT IS BODY CONFORMING.
- A loose, dark colored, strapless sun dress is perfect!
- Tight fitting clothes can cause skin friction in the first couple of hours after your airbrush tan and this may affect the outcome of your tan.
- The spray tan solution does not normally stain clothing or sheets, but it CAN. So don’t wear your favorite outfit, that you don’t want ruined.
- Any rub-off of the bronzer should wash out of most fabrics. Avoid Nylon or Wool as these may absorb the bronzer.
- Open shoes (flip flops) – do not wear tennis shoes or socks. This will rub the tops of your feet and ankle area and rub off the tan.
Things to DO after your tan
- Shave – Try Lady of Sun’s Organic Shower Gel to shave, not bar soap or shaving creams as these tend to sit in the pores.
- Moisturize – Try Lady of Sun’s Organic Lotion Bars or our Organic Lotion. Moisturize (very important) daily. It is great to use lotion after showers.
- Soap – Best results when using Lady of Sun’s Organic Shower Gel. Wash with a mild, moisturizing shower gel and just your hand. Pat Skin / No Rubbing – When drying off, pat skin…do not rub skin.
- Sleep in your airbrush tan – If you choose to sleep in your airbrush tan (recommended) please cover your bed with dark sheets and pillow cases so that any bronzer does not stain your regular sheets. We are not going to buy and replace your 1000-count Egyptian Cotton sheets! It does not usually stain, but it could possibly. So-just plan accordingly.
- Sun block – The airbrush tanning solution contains no sun protection. Please be sure to protect your skin and wear a daily SPF. 50+ is the best!
At Lady of Sun, we want you to have a long & lasting spray tan!
We will give you all the “Secrets” to taking care of your new gorgeous tan!
At Lady of Sun, located inside The Eastgate Mall- our clients are our top priority!
MAJOR DO NOT’S
- Water – Do not touch water at all (except to drink) for 10-12 hours after your tan.
- Baths / showers – DO NOT SHOWER FOR 10-12 HOURS – If at all possible, wait overnight to shower and allow the solution enough time to react with the amino acids in your skin. Shower normally. You will see some color wash from your skin. This is completely normal, and was only the bronzer. Avoid long, hot baths and showers.
- Sweating – Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, as your airbrush tan is developing during these first 12 hours. After the first shower, feel free to exercise and sweat!
- Exfoliate – Avoid exfoliating skin (even when drying off with a towel). No microdermabrasion.
- Dogs – Dogs tend to LOVE the airbrush solution because of how tasty it is! Do not let your dog lick your tan or it will leave a white mark on your skin.
- Other Tips – Some products can cause faster fading such as bar soaps, alcohol based products such as toners and astringents. If you are going to be in a pool or at the beach, be sure to wear a thick “waterproof” or “sport” SPF to create a barrier between your tan and the water.
- Do Not Use – Band Aids, Face Masks, Bioré Pore Strips, Anti Aging or Anti Acne products, hair removal creams and shaving creams.